Thursday, July 12, 2018

Vanessa's Aha! Moment

As a child, I remember playing with how-to science kits and models of the different systems in our body. I had always been curious as to why humans behave the way that we do and the science behind some of our natural body processes. I think the kits were my parents way of getting me to stop asking “why” all the time and for them to get educated as well. During my AP psychology class in high school, there was a “Neuroscience” unit and a lot of my childhood questions soon became answered. I had learned that our brains are wired differently, our memories and our environment greatly influence the substance in our brains, and most importantly, neuroscience would not be what it is today if it were not for all the advances made in other sciences like chemistry, biology, and psychology. I knew that if my dream was to become a neurologist, I would have had to master the basics in every science subject in order to fully understand how powerful our brains truly are.


No comments:

Post a Comment